You want to make sure that you choose the right lift company- one that will offer excellent customer service and that has the parts you need to keep your lifts in good working condition. To do that, please keep the following factors in mind:
- Is this company located near you or does it at least have an office near you?
- Does the company provide lift maintenance, and if so, do they have a service manager?
- Do they offer all the parts necessary to keep the lifts running smoothly?
- Where is the equipment from that the lift company uses? Do they source from reliable, recognised suppliers? German and Swiss suppliers are usually the safest ones.
- Are qualified Australian electricians and lift installers used?
- Do they install in accordance with AS3000 and relevant lift code?
- Are the company’s installations inspected by a third party to ensure high quality?
- How long has this company been operating? You are generally safest with companies that have been in business for five years or longer.
- Are they able to provide you with references?
- Do they have a quality show room? If not, then you should be suspicious of them, as smaller companies are more likely to go broke and not be able to provide you with servicing when something goes wrong.
This short list should give you an idea of what to look for in a lift company, so that you can avoid the common pitfalls of those ordering lift installation.